So, what can I add? Hmmm. I do remember a friend telling me about her child eating some of the berries and they rushed the kid to the hospital to induce vomiting or pump the stomach or something like that. I guess they didn't want to be a test case for how poisonous the berries are.
One time I got a bunch of the berries and made a dye out of it and dyed a handkerchief. That was my only attempt at dying things and I think I'm satisfied. I'm not really dying to dye things anymore. :-) I never did use that handkerchief for anything, just wanted to see what the process was.
|Birds eat the berries. They're immune to the poison.|
|The leaves are lush and green, which makes for a nice looking plant.|